ifm Introduces New RFID System for Tracking High-Speed Processes
ifm efector introduces its new RFID DTE series high frequency identification system for tracking and traceability of high-speed processes. It provides effective and flexible production tracking while it controls and improves the quality of products throughout the automation process. Priced almost 50% less than competitive systems, ifm’s RFID DTE solution offers an easy and cost-effective way to implement RFID.
Widely used in conveying, mold/die management and pallet tracking, the RFID system is capable of reading and writing data at high speeds and can connect to all common plc’s and industrial bus systems.
ifm’s RFID system features include:
ifm’s RFID system features include 4-port RFID controller configurable for read/write antennas or digital inputs and outputs
- 4-port RFID controller configurable for read/write antennas or digital inputs and outputs
- Configuration through built-in web page, including read/write capability
- Standard non-shielded M12 cables between antenna and controller
- 13.56 MHz system uses standard ISO 15693 tags for global compatibility
- Integrated Ethernet switch which can be used to daisy-chain devices
The robust RFID DTE controller contains a built-in web-based tool for device setup, diagnosis and monitoring. Setting up the device can be done conveniently from the user’s desk, without connection to a field bus system, for example, and allows the system to be tested prior to installation. No external configuration software is necessary.
Take a look at ifm’s RFID system in this video!
To learn more about RFID by ifm, click here.